Tuesday, July 14, 2015

A Roundup of Red Dirt Coverage


Since Red Dirt: A Tennis Novel's release, the novel has been reviewed by the Philadelphia Inquirer, among other places, and I've been interviewed a few times, including one television appearance. I also have turned up in a few other news stories in the Inquirer, and I contributed an essay about the best tennis matches I ever saw. Here's a roundup with links:
Philadelphia Inquirer review: "Tennis as a Metaphor for Life"

Best New Fiction Review

"Talking Sports Books and More with Joe Samuel Starnes." A Q&A on The Classical

"Summer Reading List" Atlanta Magazine

"The Inductor -- A Conversation with Joe Samuel Starnes: An Interview with Kevin Catalano."  The Spark: The Alternating Current Press

"Joe Samuel Starnes Delivers the Original Redneck Rocky of Tennis Novels with Red Dirt." NoirCon blog.

"Three New Books with Birmingham Connections." Mark Kelly in Weld for Birmingham.

Cedartown Native, Novelist Returning Home." Cedartown (Ga.) Standard.

"The Greatest Men's Tennis Matches I Ever Saw--And a Few I Didn't." My essay on The Changevoer.

"Red Dirt by Joe Samuel Starnes." Off the Leash.

"At Green Valley, Many Happy Returns." Philadelphia Inquirer.

"Local Readers and Bookstores Await Harper Lee's 'Watchman'." Quoted in Philadelphia Inquirer story.
The video below is from my April appearance on Georgia Highland College Television in Rome, Georgia. The interview gets started at the three minute mark.


No comments: