Thursday, June 3, 2010

NewSouth Books to Publish Novel Fall Line in 2011

I'm very happy to announce that next year NewSouth Books of Montgomery, Ala., will publish Fall Line, a novel of mine about a fictional small Georgia town in 1955 on the day the river is dammed up to build a big lake. The genesis of the idea for this book occurred almost twenty years ago, when I was a cub reporter for The Union-Recorder newspaper in Milledgeville, Ga., assigned to check out earthquake-like tremors around Lake Sinclair. Former Putnam County Sheriff Gene Resseau suggested to me that someone had been setting off dynamite to catch catfish, but I learned later that the man-made lake built in 1953 did in fact experience minor tremors caused by water seeping into fissures of the earth beneath the lake.

Click here to read NewSouth Books' blog post about a novel workshop I lead recently in Philadelphia, and to read more about the forthcoming novel.

No comments: